Hello everyone this is Dr. Kenny. In our weight loss program we like our weight loss patients to eat delicious food that will make you lose weight. So in this article I am going to give you several of my favorite chicken recipes. Throughout our website I have many recipes for weight-loss shakes, smoothies, desserts, appetizers and entrées and when it comes to entrées it seems that chicken is the favorite of most of my patients.
Here are a few of my favorite chicken recipes:
Balsamic Vinegar Roasted Chicken:
- 1 cut up boiler – fryer
- bay leaves
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 3 – 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 – 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons of Bell sonic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Tuck a bay leaf or 2 under the skin of each piece of chicken. Sprinkle each piece with salt and pepper and arrange them in a roasting pan. Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and dot them with the same amount of butter. Roast in the oven for ones and a half hours, turning each piece every 20 – 30 minutes. When the chicken is done, put it on a platter and pour off the fat from the pan. Put the pan over medium heat and pour in the white wine and Bell sonic vinegar. Stir this around, dissolving the tasty brown stuff stuck to the pan to make a sauce. Boiled this for just a minute or two, pour into a sauce boat or a pitcher, and serve with the chicken Discard the Bay before serving. This makes 4 servings. Each with 2 g of carbohydrates, a tracer fiber and 44 g of protein.
Roasted Chicken Greek Style:
- 3 to 4 pounds of chicken – whole, split in half, cut up or any type of chicken that you like.
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- Wash the chicken and patted dry with paper towels. Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and stir them together well. If you’re using a whole chicken, rub it all over with some of this mixture, making sure to rub planning inside the body cavity as well. If you’re using cut up chicken, put it in a large resealable plastic bag, pour the marinade over it and seal the bag. Let the chicken marinate for at least an hour or as long as a day. At least one hour before you want to serve the chicken, pull it out of the bag. You can either grill your chicken or you can roasted in a 375°F oven for about one hour, which ever way you choose to cook your chicken, cook it until the juices run clear when it’s pierced to the bone. This makes about 5 servings. Each with less than 1 g of carbohydrates, a bear trace of fiber and 52 g of protein.
- one cut up chicken
- 2 tablespoons of butter1 teaspoon of salt
- pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons of dried tarragon leaves
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- a half cup of dry white wine
- If your chicken is in quarters, cut the legs from the size and the wings from the breast. Melt the butter in a heavy skillet over medium – high heat and brown the chicken, turning once or twice until it’s golden all over. Pour off most of the fat and sprinkle the chicken with the salt and just a dash of pepper. Scatter the tarragon over the chicken, crushing a little between your fingers to release the flavor, and then add the garlic and the wine. Cover the skillet, turn the heat to low and simmer for about 30 minutes, turning the chicken at least once. Spoon a little of the pan liquid over each piece of chicken one serving. This makes approximately 4 servings each with 2 g of carbohydrates, a trace of fiber and 44 g of protein.
- 4 – 5 chicken quarters cut up and skinned
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 rounded tablespoon of curry powder
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 3 – 4 cloves of garlic crushed
- a half cup of water
- Pre-to oven to 370°F. Arrange the chicken in a shallow baking pan, chop the onion and scatter it all over the chicken. Melt the butter in a small heavy skillet and sauté the curry powder in it for a couple of minutes, just until it starts to smell good. Mix together the cream, garlic, water and sautéed curry powder and pour the server the chicken. Bake it uncovered for one hour – 1 hour 20 minutes turning the chicken over every 20 – 30 minutes so that the sauce flavors both sides. To serve, arrange the chicken on a platter. Take the sauce in the pan and scrape it all into your blender. Blend it with a little more water or cream, if necessary, to get a nice rich golden sauce. Pour it over the chicken and serve. This makes about 4 big servings. Each with 6 g of carbohydrates and 1 g of fiber for a total of 5 g of usable carbs and 42 g of protein.
- 3 chicken quarters
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 8 ounces of plain tomato sauce
- 4 ounces of mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of dry red wine
- 1 green pepper
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 – 2 cloves of garlic crushed or 1 – 2 teaspoons of chopped garlic and oil.
- 1 – 1 1/2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 3 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese
- You can also sprinkle some Parmesan cheese over everything if you would like.
- Strip the skin off the chicken and cut the leg inside quarters into at the leg joint. Warm the olive oil in a big heavy skillet and brown the chicken and it over medium heat. Pour in the tomato sauce, mushrooms and wine. Add the green pepper, onion, garlic and oregano. Cover the whole thing, turn the heat to its lowest setting and forget about it for about 45 minutes – 60 minutes. When the chicken is cooked through, remove the pieces from the skillet and put them on the serving plates. If the sauce is in good and sick by now turn up the heat to medium – hi and let the sauce boil down for a few minutes. While the sauce is thickening sprinkle the shredded mozzarella over the chicken and warm each plate in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds on 50% power to melt the cheese. Spoon the sauce over each piece of chicken and serve. You can sprinkle a little bit of Parmesan cheese over your chicken if you would like. This makes about 3 servings each with 16 g of carbohydrates and 4 g of fiber for a total of 12 g of usable carbs and 49 g of protein.
I hope all of you enjoy this recipe please come back soon for more delicious weight loss recipes, health wellness and weight loss tips.
If you would like help with your weight loss or if you have any questions just call us at 215-821-7336.