As part of our medically supervised prescription weight loss program we give you the best weight loss pills and appetite suppressant medications to help eliminate your hunger, vitamin B12 injections to boost your metabolism and delicious recipes for a safe and sensible weight loss meal plan. So that you can save money and buy your own food at the supermarket. For more information about our weight loss plan call us and schedule your Free Medical Weight Loss Consultation – call 215-821-7336.
Here are 9 fantastic low calorie recipes to help you lose weight and satisfy your cravings:
- ½ pound of shredded imitation crab meat or even real crabmeat.
- ½ pound of cooked shrimp that you are going to chop up.
- One can, approximately 4.5 ounces of chopped green chilies.
- 1 teaspoon of hot chili powder.
- ⅓ teaspoons ground cumin.
- ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- Baked corn tortilla chips – one bag approximately 8.5 ounces.
- Prepared salsa – 1 cup.
- Reduced fat Monterey Jack cheese approximately 1 cup shredded.
- Chopped black olives – ¼ cup
- 2 sliced scallions.
This is a phenomenal recipe and we are going to start by heating our oven to 350°F. After that we are going to mix together in a very large bowl your imitation crab meat, your chilies, or hot chili powder cumin and salt and your shrimp. Then line the bottom and the sides of a baking dish that is approximately 13 x 9 x 2” with your tortilla chips. After that spoon out your crabmeat mixture evenly over the entire mass of corn chips and then after that pour over top your cheese, olives, scallions and the salsa. This is a really unbelievable recipe! You should bake this for approximately 15 minutes or until it is heated all the way through and all the cheese is melted nicely. This is definitely not a low-carb recipe. This recipe makes 6 servings each of them having 310 cal, 7 g of fat, 22 g of protein and 43 g of carbohydrates. So if you’re watching your carb intake eat this maybe once a week and only eat half of the serving just like I do.
Vegetable Pasta Bake*
- Bow-tie Pasta- 6 ounces
- Broccoli Florets- 4 cups
- Nonfat sour cream- 1 cup
- Light alfredo sauce- 1 container
- Onion (finely chopped)- 1
- Salt- ½ teaspoon
- Cayenne- 1/8 teaspoon
- Ground nutmeg- ⅛ teaspoon
- Frozen peas (thawed)- ½ cup
- Shredded carrots- ½ cup
- Shredded reduced-fat american cheese- ½ cup
Let’s start out cooking this dish by heating the oven to 375 degrees and spraying the casserole dish with cooking spray. Cook the bow ties in large pot until they are softened a bit. Add broccoli for last 2 minutes. As that is boiling, stir the sour cream, alfredo sauce, onion, salt, cayenne, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Then add the bow ties, broccoli, peas, and carrots and toss everything around altogether. Pour into the prepared casserole and bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Cover it with a sprinkle of cheese and return to oven for 5 minutes and enjoy!
Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Shells*
- Jumbo pasta shells- 24 from 12 ounce package
- Low-fat cottage cheese- 1 lbs
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese- 1 cup
- Egg white- 1 large
- Grated parmesan cheese- 1 tbs
- Garlic powder- ½ tsp
- Dried basil- ½ tsp
- Salt- ⅛ tsp
- Black pepper- ⅛ tsp
- Frozen chopped broccoli- 2 10 ounce packages
- Shredded carrots- ½ cup
- Fat-free marinara pasta sauce- 2 cups
Start out by preheating the oven to 375 degrees, as you’re cooking the shells in a large pot until tender. Pulse together cottage cheese, ½ cup mozzarella, egg white, parmesan, garlic powder, basil, salt, and pepper until well blended and smooth. Transfer mixture to large bowl. Stir in broccoli and carrots.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 finely chopped medium onion
- 1 finely chopped clove of garlic
- 2 peeled, seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 2 seeded and finely chopped jalapeno chiles
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ crushed cumin seeds
- 4 corn tortilla cut into wide strips of ¼
- Pinch of chilli powder
- 1 can (2 pints, 14 ounces) 5 ¾ cups of chicken broth
- ¾ cups of Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro (optional)
First you want to heat your oven to 400 degrees F. Then take a large skillet and heat this over top medium heat and add the onion and garlic and saute until it’s nice and soft. Next mix in your black pepper, cumin, jalapeno and your tomatoes. And cook this for approximately 10 minutes. Next sprinkle the chilli powder over top of your tortilla chips place them on the baking sheet and cook them for about 10 minutes plus or minus a few minutes until they are nice and crispy. While your tortilla chips are baking spoon the broth to your large skillet and let this simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes. After that just set four bowls on your table and spoon in the soup and then over top of that sprinkle your tortilla chips, cilantro and cheese. This recipe makes four servings each of them has about 190 calories, 6 grams of protein and 17 grams of carbohydrates.
Crab Cakes with Corn Relish*
This is an unbelievably tasty recipe it makes six servings with two crab cakes equaling one serving. Each serving has approximately 240 cal, 3 g of fat, 24 g of protein and 25 g of carbohydrates.
To make the crabcakes you will need:
- 1 pound of crabmeat, with all of the shells and other cartilage materials removed.
- ½ sweet red pepper with the core and the seeds removed. Cut this into small pieces.
- 3 scallions cut into small pieces.
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced into small pieces.
- 2 large eggs.
- ⅓ cup of reduced fat mayonnaise dressing.
- ½ teaspoon of salt.
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper.
- 1 teaspoon of fresh chopped tarragon.
- 1 cup of packaged unseasoned breadcrumbs
- Non-stick cooking spray.
For the corn relish ingredients you will need:
- 2 ears of corn of course with the kernels removed from the cob. This makes approximately 1.5 cups of kernels were even a little bit more.
- 2 chopped scallions.
- ½ of a sweet red pepper with the core and scenes removed and then chop The pepper into pieces.
- ½ cup of cherry tomatoes sliced in half.
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice.
- ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- A pinch of black pepper.
- A dash of liquid hot pepper sauce or you can put as much you like to your taste.
Now, for the crab cakes combine in a food processor the crabmeat, scallions, sweet peppers and carrots. Pulse this combination until it’s blended nicely. After that add the eggs, salt, tarragon, pepper and mayonnaise and pulse until everything is blended together. Next we move this mixture to another bowl. Then heat your oven to 425°F. Then stir three-quarter cup of the breadcrumbs into the crab mixture and place the remaining crumbs in a shallow dish.
Mold your crab mixture into 12 patties or cakes whichever you prefer using about ⅓ cup of mixture for each. Then coat to cakes with the remaining crumbs. Next coat the baking sheet with the cooking spray and placed the crab cakes onto your sheet. Lightly coat the tops with the additional spray. Then bake the crab cakes for approximately 8 minutes just make sure that you turn them over halfway through so that it cooks evenly.
You can even place the crab cakes under broiler for 1 – 2 minutes per side to make it a bit more crispy. To make the corn relish all you have to do is stir together the corn, sweet pepper, scallions, cherry tomatoes, salt, black pepper and lime juice and season with the hot pepper sauce. Serve this relish with the crab cakes. I hope you enjoy this recipe just remember that two crab cakes combine for a total of approximately 25 g of carbohydrates. So if you are watching your carbohydrate intake just don’t eat too many of these.
Mustard Caper Chicken Extravaganza*
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast sliced in half – approximately 2 pounds overall.
- Salt – ¼ teaspoon
- Black pepper – ⅛ teaspoon
- Chicken broth – 1 can approximately 14.5 ounces.
- Dreams capers – ¼ cup
- Dried rosemary – ½ teaspoon
- Dried thyme – ¼ teaspoon.
- Dijon mustard – 2 tablespoons
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Cooked hot couscous – 4.5 cups
Start this recipe by coding or skillet with the cooking spray. Place the skillet over medium – high heat and season the chicken on both sides with the salt and pepper. Next add the chicken to the skillet and cook this for about 5 – 6 minutes on each side or for as long as it takes until the chicken is cooked all the way through. When your chicken is thoroughly cooked removed from the skillet and place it on a platter to keep it nice and warm. The next step is to add the broth, capers, rosemary and thyme to a skillet and cook this over medium – high heat for approximately 5 minutes. Then remove the skillet from the heat and stir in your mustard and the honey. Serve the chicken with the couscous. This makes 6 servings each of them having about 320 cal, 5 g of fat, 36 g of protein and 30 g of carbohydrates.
Honey Mustard Chicken and Vegetables*
This is a really awesome recipe it makes 6 servings each of them has about 340 cal, 12 g of fat 32 g of protein and 30 g of carbohydrates.
The ingredients for this recipe are:
- 4 small carrots that you were going to peel slice them in half lengthwise and cut them crosswise.
- Three medium-sized parsnips that you are going to peel and slice them in half. And then cut them crosswise into 1 inch thick half-moon slices.
- Two heads of Belgian endive that you were going to trim and cut them into 1 inch pieces.
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
- ½ cup of honey mustard.
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice.
- ½ teaspoon of dried thyme.
- Three large skinless chicken breast that you are going to slice in half. This is going to equal approximately 2 ½ pounds of chicken meat.
- 4 medium-sized zucchini approximately 2 pounds in all you’re going to cut them into 1.5 inch pieces.
- 2 cups of chopped broccoli rabe.
This is a really really good recipe and first we’re going to preheat our oven to 400°F. Place the carrots, parsnips, endive and onions into a very large bowl and then add your oil and toss everything nicely together. Next we are going to pour this mixture into a large roasting pan and season it with the ½ teaspoon of salt.
Next in a small cup stir together the honey mustard, lemon juice and thyme. Then put the chicken in the pan on top of the vegetables. Sprinkle the chicken evenly with the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt. Then brush evenly with the 3 tablespoons of the honey mustard mixture. We are going to roast this for approximately 25 minutes and then remove the pan from the oven and add this zucchini. Increase the heat to 450°F and roast for approximately 10 minutes.
Remove the chicken and place it on your dishes and cover it with foil to keep it warm. Stir the remaining honey mustard mixture into the vegetables in the roasting pan and roast this for approximately 10 minutes. Then just divide the vegetable mixture between your blades and copies of them with a piece of chicken. While the vegetables are roasting you can steam the broccoli rabe until it’s nice and tender. This normally takes about somewhere between 2 – 3 minutes and then serve it on the side of the chicken and vegetables.
This is an awesome recipe that makes 6 servings each of them having 320 calories, 9 grams of fat, 30 grams of protein and 36 grams of carbohydrates. The ingredients are:
- 1 quarter cup of fresh lemon juice this is approximately the juice from one whole lemon.
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh ginger.
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- 6 skinless chicken breast that you were going to slice in half, approximately one and a half pounds in total.
- 6 ounces of linguine.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 2 sliced garlic cloves.
- 1/8 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- 3 quarter pound of cherry tomatoes.
- 1 quarter teaspoon of salt.
- 6 cups of shredded romaine lettuce.
To make your garnish you’re going to need
- 2 finely chop scallions.
- 1 quarter cup of finely chopped cilantro.
- 6 cups of steamed green beans.
In a steam proof dish or glass pie plate stir together with the lemon juice, Ginger, soy sauce, sugar and cornstarch. Add the chicken and stir to coat it. Let this stand at room temperature for about 20 minutes. Place the dish with the chicken and the marinade on a rack over 1 inch of water in a wok or a very large skillet with a deep lid. Heat the water to simmer over medium heat. Cover this tightly and steam for about 5 minutes. Uncover and then with the tongues turn the chicken over and then cover it and steam over medium heat until the chicken is a opaque. This usually takes about 5 minutes. Meanwhile cook the linguine in a large deep pot of lightly salted boiling water until it’s al dente.
In a large Skillet heat oil over medium heat then add the garlic and saute this for about 1 minute. Next add the red pepper flakes and tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes just start to break apart, this takes about 3 minutes normally. Next add the linguine and salt.
Place your lettuce on top of the plates and spoon the chicken and sauce over top. Divide the linguini amongst your plates and garnish with scallions, cilantro and green beans.
Lettuce Wraps – Chicken Asian Style*
- shredded chicken – 2 cups
- coleslaw mix of carrots and cabbage – 2 cups
- one medium carrot cut up
- Diced onion – 2 cups
- unsalted peanuts – 2 tbsp
- minced fresh ginger – 1 tsp
- Asian salad dressing – one third cup
- crushed pineapple – one third cup
- bib lettuce – 12 leaves
This recipe is great for the summer time especially now but it’s very hot outside. This recipe makes approximately 4 servings each of them having about 220 cal, 12 g of carbohydrates and a grams of sugar. Put all of the above ingredients (except the pineapple and salad dressing) into a blender or food processor.
And pulse until it’s finely chopped. I usually do this by just using the pulse mode on my blender or you might just have to turn it off and on several times. My food processor is small so I have to process this in 2-3 batches , one at a time.
You may next add the salad dressing and pineapple into our mixture and toss everything nicely until it’s well combined. When you are ready to serve spoon about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture onto each lettuce leaf and enjoy.
Call now and schedule your Free Medical Weight Loss Consultation, Call 215-821-7336