If you are ready to lose weight and look great call us and schedule your free medical weight loss consultation at 215-821-7336. Our medically supervised weight-loss program utilizes the highest quality appetite suppressant medications, weight-loss pills, vitamin B12 injection therapies and soon we will be adding homeopathic creams to help both men and women who are suffering from hormonal issues like menopause and low testosterone levels
Sadly, once we reach our mid-30s most of us start gaining weight no matter what we do. And this is because our hormones start decreasing sometime during her late 20s. So this means you could be eating the same foods and doing the same type of exercises that have kept you fit and trim during your teens and 20s but now all of a sudden you start gaining weight each and every year. And now these homeopathic creams gives us the ability to help you lose this weight by balancing your hormones. Adding these creams to our already successful medical weight loss programs will allow us to help even the most difficult weight-loss cases. So if you have tried everything and you have not been able to lose weight call us and let us help you.
The weight loss pills and appetite suppressant medications along with the vitamin B12 injection therapy do a fantastic job of helping to curb your appetite, eliminating your cravings and boosting your fat burning metabolism. And when combined with our nutritional and recipe protocols this has given most of our weight loss patients a very powerful combination of weight loss protocols to help them lose the weight that they wanted and reach their weight loss goals.
But now we should be able to get even better results and be able to help you even if you tried everything and have not been able to lose weight. So call us and set up your free medical weight loss consultation. Call us at 215-821-7336
With our weight loss plan you get to eat real food in we provide you with lots of delicious low-calorie recipes. If you are already one of our weight loss patients you know that every week I try to add more great recipes so in keeping with tradition here are some scrumptious recipes to help you lose weight and burn body fat.
Panini Prosciutto and Cheese*
- a large loaf of whole grain Italian bread
- goat cheese – 2 ounces crumbled
- fresh basil leaves – 1/2 cup
- two medium tomatoes – sliced
- thinly sliced prosciutto – 2 ounces
- 2 cups of arugula leaves
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
This is a phenomenal recipe that reminds me of something that my great-grandfather would enjoy. This makes four servings each of them has approximately 250 cal and 30 g of carbohydrates. First you should cut the bread in half lengthwise. I usually like to remove the extra dough from the inside of the bread. This normally leaves about a half-inch thick shell.
After that lightly coat the outside of the breadth with your olive oil nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle the goat cheese over the cut side of the bread bottom. Then you can stop this with the basil, tomatoes, prosciutto and arugula. You can even drizzle over top some balsamic vinegar and cover this with the other half of the loaf of bread. Now to a large nonstick skillet with your cooking spray and let this preheat over medium heat. Place in the skillet and use another pan or something like that to apply pressure to flatten the sandwich out a little bit.
Normally it takes about 2 minutes for this to cook on one side and then turn it over and cook it for another 2 minutes or so until both sides are browned evenly. After that remove it from the skillet on a cutting board for at least 7 minutes. After that make sure that you use a serrated knife to cut the entire loaf into four portions. I usually like to serve the sandwiches warm or at least at room temperature.
Old City Style Pickled Okra
- Four cloves of garlic.
- Four pods of hot pepper.
- 4 teaspoon of dillseed.
- 1 quart of vinegar.
- 1 cup of water.
Start by placing your garlic and hot pepper in 4 hot 1 pint jars. Pack the okra firmly into the jar and add the dillseed. Combine the vinegar, alum, water and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and let this simmer for approximately five minutes pour over the okra and then seal the jars.
Bella Vista Gino’s Antipasto
- Two onions diced.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Three stalks of diced celery.
- 2 pounds of salmon cut into 1 inch squares
- ¾ bottle with chili sauce.
- ½ cup of ketchup.
- 1 cup of diced mixed sweet pickles
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of Stevia.
- ¼ teaspoon of celery seed.
- ½ teaspoon of mustard seed.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- One large carrot diced.
- Chopped mushrooms.
Start by salting your onion slightly in oil and then remove it from the heat. Add the remaining onion, chili sauce, celery, salmon, catch up. Stevia and pickles. Tie the celery seed and the mustard seed and a small cheesecloth bag and add this to the mixture. After that add the remaining ingredients and bring this to a boil and reduce the heat. You should cook this for about 45 minutes of course stirring it occasionally. After that you can refrigerated and it’s always best to serve this cold.
Rittenhouse Square Stuffed Grapefruits
- 2 eggs.
- 1 tablespoon of dry mustard.
- 1 tablespoon of salt.
- A dash of pepper.
- A dash of paprika.
- ¾ cup of Stevia.
- 1 cup of vinegar.
- 1 tablespoon of grass fed butter.
- 1 tablespoon of flour.
- 1 cup of milk.
- One grapefruit sliced in half.
- 1 can of crabmeat finely shredded.
Now let’s admit that this is a really great recipe and we start by beating the eggs in a small bowl and then add the mustard, salt, pepper, paprika and Stevia. Stir in the vinegar and mix this well. Melt the butter in the top of a double boiler over low heat. And then stir in flour. Add the milk gradually and bring this to a boil. Remove from the heat and mix in the egg mixture. Reheat this to boiling stirring constantly and cook until it’s thickened. Let everything cool down in the mixture will start to think it thickened even more. Remove the membrane from the grapefruit and make large holes in the center for the crab meat. Moisten your crabmeat with the boiled dressing and spoon your crab meat mixture into the grapefruit. You can garnish this with a dash of paprika or even sliced olives or pimentos. You can even sweeten in grapefruit with some Stevia if you like before serving it.
Shrimp and Stuff
- fresh large shrimp – 1/4 pound
- light cream cheese softened – 1/3 cup
- fat-free milk – 1 tablespoon
- 1 stalk of celery finely chopped approximately 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup of roasted red sweet peppers chopped
- thinly sliced green onions – two large green onions
- Cajun seasoning – 1 teaspoon
- olive oil – 2 teaspoons
- four 1/2 inch slices of French bread toasted
- romaine lettuce – 3 cups
First you should clean and devein your shrimp. Then set them on the side. In small bowl mix together the cream cheese and milk stirring this together until it’s nice and smooth. Then stir in the celery, roasted red peppers and green onions and then set this on the side.
In a medium bowl toss the shrimp with the Cajun seasoning and put a large skillet over a medium – high heat add the oil and then add the shrimp and let this cook for approximately four minutes or until the shrimp are opaque. Then remove them from the heat.
Separate your bread slices on top of four dishes and then top with the cream cheese mixture, lettuce and the shrimp and if you like you can even sprinkle this with some parsley.
This is a fantastic recipe makes 4 servings each of them has about 260 cal and 20 g of carbohydrates.
South Philly Sal’s Antipasto
- Cauliflower – 4 pounds.
- Peeled silver skin onions – 3 pounds.
- Chopped celery – 4 pounds.
- Chopped green beans – 2 course.
- Dill pickles – 2 course.
- Catsup – 6 bottles
- Vinegar – 1 cup.
- Olive oil – 1 cup.
- Olives – 3 cups.
- Pimento stuffed olives – 3 jars.
- Mushrooms – 2 cups.
- Tunafish – 2 cans.
- 8 – 9 anchovies
This is a wonderful recipe in we begin by boiling or cauliflower for three minutes and then during this well. Separate the cauliflower into flour rents and combined with the onion, pickles, beans and celery. Then mix the catsup, oil and vinegar and a large kettle and add the vegetable mixture. Let the simmer for approximately 10 minutes. Add the olives and mushrooms and simmer this for approximately 10 minutes. Then stir in the tuna and anchovies and let it simmer for another 10 minutes. After that put this into an airtight container and refrigerate for about for about 30 minutes. This is a really great recipe and feeds large number of people.
Philadelphia Center City’s Frosted Grapes – Sweet Treat Cheat
- 2 bunches of white or green or even red grapes.
- One egg white slightly beaten
- 2 cup of Stevia
This is a really juicy treat and super super sweet. Separate your grapes into small clusters and brush them with the egg white. After that just roll them in the Stevia. Place them on a wire rack to dry for about one hour. This recipe is very sweet recipe and I would only eat a few grapes at a time. This recipe is definitely not diabetic friendly LOL. This is for your one sweet treat cheat snack.
ChinaTown Teriyaki Steak Appetizers
- 1 – 1.5 pounds of sirloin steak
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ¼ cup of low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup of honey
- ¼ cup of finely chopped onion
- 1 crushed clove of garlic
- ½ teaspoon of ginger
Begin by cutting your steaks into 1/16 inch strips across the grain. Combine the remaining ingredients in a large flat pan and add the steak strips. Marinate the strips for several hours then lift the strips of steak out of the marinade and shake off the excess marinade. Then place your strips on metal skewers and place on a grill and broil them over medium – high heat, just until they are browned nicely. Make sure that you are turning them periodically and brushing them with the marinade sauce. This recipe is always best when you eat it nice and hot.
Low Carb Pancakes and Syrup
This is a really fantastic recipe. This makes about 12 pancakes each of them being about 5 inches. a serving size is three pancakes in each of these servings has 170 calories, 15 grams of fat, 8 grams of protein and .6 grams of carbohydrates
- 3 large eggs – separate the yolk from the egg whites
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla egg white protein
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- One teaspoon of stevia
- Unsalted butter, ghee or coconut oil for frying
First you want to whip the egg whites in a bowl for a couple minutes and then mix in the yolks, protein powder, vanilla extract and stevia. after that, heat the oil in a skillet over medium – high heat and once the pan is hot for a one quarter cup of the batter into the pan and allow this to cook until the pancake is golden on both sides. This normally takes about two minutes for each side. After that remove the pancake from the skillet and set it on a plate. to repeat this with the rest of the batter until it’s totally cooked. You will probably have to add more butter in between each of the pancakes. When you’re ready to serve you can top the pancakes with any type of sugar free syrup.
Elyse’s Favorite Burger*
- skinless tuna fillets – 16 ounces
- one large egg
- whole wheat bread crumbs – 1/4 cup
- fresh tarragon – 1 tablespoon
- salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- flax seed meal – 3 tablespoons
- flaxseeds – 1 tablespoon
- one medium – large avocado sliced in half – remove the seed and the skin
- white – 2 tablespoons
- shredded lemon peel – 1/2 teaspoon
- lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- one clove of minced garlic
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- 2 whole wheat sandwich thins
- fresh spinach leaves – 1 cup
- four slices of tomato
This is an awesome recipe makes approximately 4 servings each of them having 330 cal and 22 g of carbohydrates.
I prefer to use fresh tuna fillets but if you are using frozen first you have to fall your tuna. Then clean the tuna and then chop it and set it on the side. Crack open the egg and beat it with a fork. Mix in the tarragon, breadcrumbs, the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper. When this is all mixed nicely add the tuna and stir until everything is mixed together nicely. After that use your hands and shaped this into four 1/2 inch thick patties. Now in a shallow dish mixed together the flaxseed meal and the flaxseeds and dip the tuna patties into this mixture. Just be sure that it’s evenly coated on both sides. Then spray a nonstick skillet with your cooking spray and heat over medium heat and add the tuna patties and let this cook for approximately 12 minutes or for as long as it takes to make sure that is totally cooked. While the tune is cooking in another bowl mash your avocado and then add mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon peel, garlic, 1/8 teaspoon of salt and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon of pepper. You should continue to mash this and make sure everything is mixed well. When you are ready to serve this place one sandwich thin in each of your serving plates. And then top with the spinach leaf and tomato slices followed by the cooked tuna patties. Make sure that you spoon on top your avocado mixture evenly onto each sandwich.
If you need help losing weight call us now for your totally free medical weight-loss consultation. Call us now at 215-821-7336 and schedule your consultation with Dr. Kenny.
These recipes are taken from a great cookbook, the ultimate diabetic cookbook, from Better Homes & Gardens. It’s the really good cookbook especially if you are diabetic. I highly recommend that you add to your library of cookbooks.
Low Calorie Recipes to Lose Weight, Boost Energy and Satisfy Your Hunger by Medical Weight Loss Philadelphia
As part of our medically supervised prescription weight loss program we give you the best weight loss pills and appetite suppressant medications to help eliminate your hunger, vitamin B12 injections to boost your metabolism and delicious recipes for a safe and sensible weight loss meal plan. So that you can save money and buy your own food at the supermarket. For more information about our weight loss plan call us and schedule your Free Medical Weight Loss Consultation – call 215-821-7336.
Here are 9 fantastic low calorie recipes to help you lose weight and satisfy your cravings:
- ½ pound of shredded imitation crab meat or even real crabmeat.
- ½ pound of cooked shrimp that you are going to chop up.
- One can, approximately 4.5 ounces of chopped green chilies.
- 1 teaspoon of hot chili powder.
- ⅓ teaspoons ground cumin.
- ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- Baked corn tortilla chips – one bag approximately 8.5 ounces.
- Prepared salsa – 1 cup.
- Reduced fat Monterey Jack cheese approximately 1 cup shredded.
- Chopped black olives – ¼ cup
- 2 sliced scallions.
This is a phenomenal recipe and we are going to start by heating our oven to 350°F. After that we are going to mix together in a very large bowl your imitation crab meat, your chilies, or hot chili powder cumin and salt and your shrimp. Then line the bottom and the sides of a baking dish that is approximately 13 x 9 x 2” with your tortilla chips. After that spoon out your crabmeat mixture evenly over the entire mass of corn chips and then after that pour over top your cheese, olives, scallions and the salsa. This is a really unbelievable recipe! You should bake this for approximately 15 minutes or until it is heated all the way through and all the cheese is melted nicely. This is definitely not a low-carb recipe. This recipe makes 6 servings each of them having 310 cal, 7 g of fat, 22 g of protein and 43 g of carbohydrates. So if you’re watching your carb intake eat this maybe once a week and only eat half of the serving just like I do.
Vegetable Pasta Bake*
- Bow-tie Pasta- 6 ounces
- Broccoli Florets- 4 cups
- Nonfat sour cream- 1 cup
- Light alfredo sauce- 1 container
- Onion (finely chopped)- 1
- Salt- ½ teaspoon
- Cayenne- 1/8 teaspoon
- Ground nutmeg- ⅛ teaspoon
- Frozen peas (thawed)- ½ cup
- Shredded carrots- ½ cup
- Shredded reduced-fat american cheese- ½ cup
Let’s start out cooking this dish by heating the oven to 375 degrees and spraying the casserole dish with cooking spray. Cook the bow ties in large pot until they are softened a bit. Add broccoli for last 2 minutes. As that is boiling, stir the sour cream, alfredo sauce, onion, salt, cayenne, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Then add the bow ties, broccoli, peas, and carrots and toss everything around altogether. Pour into the prepared casserole and bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Cover it with a sprinkle of cheese and return to oven for 5 minutes and enjoy!
Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Shells*
- Jumbo pasta shells- 24 from 12 ounce package
- Low-fat cottage cheese- 1 lbs
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese- 1 cup
- Egg white- 1 large
- Grated parmesan cheese- 1 tbs
- Garlic powder- ½ tsp
- Dried basil- ½ tsp
- Salt- ⅛ tsp
- Black pepper- ⅛ tsp
- Frozen chopped broccoli- 2 10 ounce packages
- Shredded carrots- ½ cup
- Fat-free marinara pasta sauce- 2 cups
Start out by preheating the oven to 375 degrees, as you’re cooking the shells in a large pot until tender. Pulse together cottage cheese, ½ cup mozzarella, egg white, parmesan, garlic powder, basil, salt, and pepper until well blended and smooth. Transfer mixture to large bowl. Stir in broccoli and carrots.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 finely chopped medium onion
- 1 finely chopped clove of garlic
- 2 peeled, seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 2 seeded and finely chopped jalapeno chiles
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ crushed cumin seeds
- 4 corn tortilla cut into wide strips of ¼
- Pinch of chilli powder
- 1 can (2 pints, 14 ounces) 5 ¾ cups of chicken broth
- ¾ cups of Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro (optional)
First you want to heat your oven to 400 degrees F. Then take a large skillet and heat this over top medium heat and add the onion and garlic and saute until it’s nice and soft. Next mix in your black pepper, cumin, jalapeno and your tomatoes. And cook this for approximately 10 minutes. Next sprinkle the chilli powder over top of your tortilla chips place them on the baking sheet and cook them for about 10 minutes plus or minus a few minutes until they are nice and crispy. While your tortilla chips are baking spoon the broth to your large skillet and let this simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes. After that just set four bowls on your table and spoon in the soup and then over top of that sprinkle your tortilla chips, cilantro and cheese. This recipe makes four servings each of them has about 190 calories, 6 grams of protein and 17 grams of carbohydrates.
Crab Cakes with Corn Relish*
This is an unbelievably tasty recipe it makes six servings with two crab cakes equaling one serving. Each serving has approximately 240 cal, 3 g of fat, 24 g of protein and 25 g of carbohydrates.
To make the crabcakes you will need:
- 1 pound of crabmeat, with all of the shells and other cartilage materials removed.
- ½ sweet red pepper with the core and the seeds removed. Cut this into small pieces.
- 3 scallions cut into small pieces.
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced into small pieces.
- 2 large eggs.
- ⅓ cup of reduced fat mayonnaise dressing.
- ½ teaspoon of salt.
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper.
- 1 teaspoon of fresh chopped tarragon.
- 1 cup of packaged unseasoned breadcrumbs
- Non-stick cooking spray.
For the corn relish ingredients you will need:
- 2 ears of corn of course with the kernels removed from the cob. This makes approximately 1.5 cups of kernels were even a little bit more.
- 2 chopped scallions.
- ½ of a sweet red pepper with the core and scenes removed and then chop The pepper into pieces.
- ½ cup of cherry tomatoes sliced in half.
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice.
- ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- A pinch of black pepper.
- A dash of liquid hot pepper sauce or you can put as much you like to your taste.
Now, for the crab cakes combine in a food processor the crabmeat, scallions, sweet peppers and carrots. Pulse this combination until it’s blended nicely. After that add the eggs, salt, tarragon, pepper and mayonnaise and pulse until everything is blended together. Next we move this mixture to another bowl. Then heat your oven to 425°F. Then stir three-quarter cup of the breadcrumbs into the crab mixture and place the remaining crumbs in a shallow dish.
Mold your crab mixture into 12 patties or cakes whichever you prefer using about ⅓ cup of mixture for each. Then coat to cakes with the remaining crumbs. Next coat the baking sheet with the cooking spray and placed the crab cakes onto your sheet. Lightly coat the tops with the additional spray. Then bake the crab cakes for approximately 8 minutes just make sure that you turn them over halfway through so that it cooks evenly.
You can even place the crab cakes under broiler for 1 – 2 minutes per side to make it a bit more crispy. To make the corn relish all you have to do is stir together the corn, sweet pepper, scallions, cherry tomatoes, salt, black pepper and lime juice and season with the hot pepper sauce. Serve this relish with the crab cakes. I hope you enjoy this recipe just remember that two crab cakes combine for a total of approximately 25 g of carbohydrates. So if you are watching your carbohydrate intake just don’t eat too many of these.
Mustard Caper Chicken Extravaganza*
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast sliced in half – approximately 2 pounds overall.
- Salt – ¼ teaspoon
- Black pepper – ⅛ teaspoon
- Chicken broth – 1 can approximately 14.5 ounces.
- Dreams capers – ¼ cup
- Dried rosemary – ½ teaspoon
- Dried thyme – ¼ teaspoon.
- Dijon mustard – 2 tablespoons
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Cooked hot couscous – 4.5 cups
Start this recipe by coding or skillet with the cooking spray. Place the skillet over medium – high heat and season the chicken on both sides with the salt and pepper. Next add the chicken to the skillet and cook this for about 5 – 6 minutes on each side or for as long as it takes until the chicken is cooked all the way through. When your chicken is thoroughly cooked removed from the skillet and place it on a platter to keep it nice and warm. The next step is to add the broth, capers, rosemary and thyme to a skillet and cook this over medium – high heat for approximately 5 minutes. Then remove the skillet from the heat and stir in your mustard and the honey. Serve the chicken with the couscous. This makes 6 servings each of them having about 320 cal, 5 g of fat, 36 g of protein and 30 g of carbohydrates.
Honey Mustard Chicken and Vegetables*
This is a really awesome recipe it makes 6 servings each of them has about 340 cal, 12 g of fat 32 g of protein and 30 g of carbohydrates.
The ingredients for this recipe are:
- 4 small carrots that you were going to peel slice them in half lengthwise and cut them crosswise.
- Three medium-sized parsnips that you are going to peel and slice them in half. And then cut them crosswise into 1 inch thick half-moon slices.
- Two heads of Belgian endive that you were going to trim and cut them into 1 inch pieces.
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
- ½ cup of honey mustard.
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice.
- ½ teaspoon of dried thyme.
- Three large skinless chicken breast that you are going to slice in half. This is going to equal approximately 2 ½ pounds of chicken meat.
- 4 medium-sized zucchini approximately 2 pounds in all you’re going to cut them into 1.5 inch pieces.
- 2 cups of chopped broccoli rabe.
This is a really really good recipe and first we’re going to preheat our oven to 400°F. Place the carrots, parsnips, endive and onions into a very large bowl and then add your oil and toss everything nicely together. Next we are going to pour this mixture into a large roasting pan and season it with the ½ teaspoon of salt.
Next in a small cup stir together the honey mustard, lemon juice and thyme. Then put the chicken in the pan on top of the vegetables. Sprinkle the chicken evenly with the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt. Then brush evenly with the 3 tablespoons of the honey mustard mixture. We are going to roast this for approximately 25 minutes and then remove the pan from the oven and add this zucchini. Increase the heat to 450°F and roast for approximately 10 minutes.
Remove the chicken and place it on your dishes and cover it with foil to keep it warm. Stir the remaining honey mustard mixture into the vegetables in the roasting pan and roast this for approximately 10 minutes. Then just divide the vegetable mixture between your blades and copies of them with a piece of chicken. While the vegetables are roasting you can steam the broccoli rabe until it’s nice and tender. This normally takes about somewhere between 2 – 3 minutes and then serve it on the side of the chicken and vegetables.
This is an awesome recipe that makes 6 servings each of them having 320 calories, 9 grams of fat, 30 grams of protein and 36 grams of carbohydrates. The ingredients are:
- 1 quarter cup of fresh lemon juice this is approximately the juice from one whole lemon.
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh ginger.
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- 6 skinless chicken breast that you were going to slice in half, approximately one and a half pounds in total.
- 6 ounces of linguine.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 2 sliced garlic cloves.
- 1/8 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- 3 quarter pound of cherry tomatoes.
- 1 quarter teaspoon of salt.
- 6 cups of shredded romaine lettuce.
To make your garnish you’re going to need
- 2 finely chop scallions.
- 1 quarter cup of finely chopped cilantro.
- 6 cups of steamed green beans.
In a steam proof dish or glass pie plate stir together with the lemon juice, Ginger, soy sauce, sugar and cornstarch. Add the chicken and stir to coat it. Let this stand at room temperature for about 20 minutes. Place the dish with the chicken and the marinade on a rack over 1 inch of water in a wok or a very large skillet with a deep lid. Heat the water to simmer over medium heat. Cover this tightly and steam for about 5 minutes. Uncover and then with the tongues turn the chicken over and then cover it and steam over medium heat until the chicken is a opaque. This usually takes about 5 minutes. Meanwhile cook the linguine in a large deep pot of lightly salted boiling water until it’s al dente.
In a large Skillet heat oil over medium heat then add the garlic and saute this for about 1 minute. Next add the red pepper flakes and tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes just start to break apart, this takes about 3 minutes normally. Next add the linguine and salt.
Place your lettuce on top of the plates and spoon the chicken and sauce over top. Divide the linguini amongst your plates and garnish with scallions, cilantro and green beans.
Lettuce Wraps – Chicken Asian Style*
- shredded chicken – 2 cups
- coleslaw mix of carrots and cabbage – 2 cups
- one medium carrot cut up
- Diced onion – 2 cups
- unsalted peanuts – 2 tbsp
- minced fresh ginger – 1 tsp
- Asian salad dressing – one third cup
- crushed pineapple – one third cup
- bib lettuce – 12 leaves
This recipe is great for the summer time especially now but it’s very hot outside. This recipe makes approximately 4 servings each of them having about 220 cal, 12 g of carbohydrates and a grams of sugar. Put all of the above ingredients (except the pineapple and salad dressing) into a blender or food processor.
And pulse until it’s finely chopped. I usually do this by just using the pulse mode on my blender or you might just have to turn it off and on several times. My food processor is small so I have to process this in 2-3 batches , one at a time.
You may next add the salad dressing and pineapple into our mixture and toss everything nicely until it’s well combined. When you are ready to serve spoon about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture onto each lettuce leaf and enjoy.
Call now and schedule your Free Medical Weight Loss Consultation, Call 215-821-7336
Even though our weight loss pills really do help control your appetite and cravings you still have to eat if you want to lose weight. That is why we constantly update this site with new and delicious low calorie recipes; to help you lose weight fast and safely. If you would like more information about our medically supervised prescription weight loss program just call us at 215-821-7336 and schedule your free weight loss consultation.
Here are 14 super delicious recipes to help you lose weight and turn your body into a fat burning machine.
Grilled Greek Chicken Sandwiches Low Calorie Recipes
- red onion – four 1/2 inch slices
- 1 large red pepper – cut into quarters
- cooking spray – nonstick cooking spray
- 10 – 12 ounces of boneless skinless chicken breast sliced in half
- multigrain sandwich rounds – 4
- basil pesto – 2 tablespoons
- kalamata olives pitted – 2 tablespoons
- shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese – 1/3 cup
- crumbled reduced fat feta cheese – 1/4 cup
This is a fantastic recipe it only has about 290 cal, and 20 g of carbohydrates. We begin by heating a grilling pan or a very large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Lightly coat the sweet pepper and the onions with the cooking spray and add to your hot grill or skillet. Let this cook for approximately 7 – 8 minutes or until it’s nice and tender, just make sure that you turn it over at least once so that it;s grilled evenly on both sides. When it’s cooked just remove it from the pan. Next sprinkle the chicken with the nonstick spray and add it to the grilling pan or skillet and let this cook for approximately 4 – 5 minutes, just make sure that it’s not pink. And again make sure that you grill it evenly on both sides. When it’s done remove it from the skillet or pan and using utensils pull the chicken apart into shreds. Then cut the peppers into bite-size strips. To make the sandwiches just spread the cut sides of the sandwich rounds with the pesto. Sprinkle the sandwich with olives and placed the grilled onion slices on top of the olives. Next top this with the pepper strips in place the chicken over peppers. Sprinkle with the both types of cheese and topp the sandwich with the round tops. Lightly spray the sandwiches with cooking spray. Put them on the grilling pan or your skillet over medium – low heat and use a heavy pan to place on top of the sandwich to press it down so that the grills nicely. When it’s ready take the pan that you are using to apply pressure off and set it on the side sprinkle more cheese over top of your sandwich and let it melt and then enjoy. This recipe makes 4 servings.
Curry Blend Recipe
- olive oil – 2 teaspoons
- curry powder – 1 teaspoon
- ground cumin – 1/2 teaspoon
- ground turmeric – 1/2 teaspoon
- ground coriander – 1/2 teaspoon
- ground ginger – 1/4 teaspoon
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- cayenne pepper – 1/8 teaspoon
To make this recipe all you have to do is just mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
Indian Spiced Turkey Kebab 300 Calories Never Tasted So Good
- 8 – 10 inch bamboo skewers – 4 of them
- whole cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- shredded cucumber – 1 cup
- seeded and chopped tomato – 1/3 cup
- slivered red onion – 1/4 cup
- shredded radishes – 1/4 cup
- fresh cilantro – 1/4 cup
- black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- turkey breast – 1 pound cut into 1 inch cubes
- Curry blend – 1 recipe
- plain fat-free Greek yogurt – 1/4 cup
- 2 ounce whole wheat pita bread rounds – 4 of them
- This is a fantastic recipe makes approximately 4 servings and each of them has approximately 320 cal and 35 g of carbohydrates.
Be sure that you soak the bamboo skewers in water for at least 35 minutes before using on the grill. In a small dry skillet toast your cumin seeds over medium heat for approximately one minute or you can toast them until you can smell them. Then move them into another bowl and add your cucumbers, red onion, tomato, cilantro, black pepper and radishes. Mix all of this together nicely. Take another bowl and add your turkey breast cubes and your curry blend – taken from the above recipe. Make sure that your turkey is coated with the seasonings. After that just put your turkey cubes onto your skewers. If you are using a charcoal grill, just grill the turkey kebabs on the grill rack over medium heat calls. You can grill this uncovered for anywhere from 10 – 12 minutes but just make sure that you cook it until there is no pink remaining. If you are using a propane gas grill or any type of gas grill make sure that you preheat the grill and then reduce the heat to a medium flame and put your kebabs on the grill rack over the heat. Close the lid and cook it until there is no pink remaining. When everything is finally cooked just remove the turkey from the skewers. And all you have to do is scoop the Greek yogurt over top of your pita rounds . And then just spoon everything on top of your yogurt including the turkey and enjoy.
Philadelphia Style Cheesesteak Sandwiches
- olive oil – 4 teaspoons
- boneless beef sirloin steak – 1 pound
- black pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
- salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- one large portobello mushrooms with the stems removed and cut it into strips.
- Yellow sweet pepper cut into strips – 1 large
- one medium fresh chili pepper – remove the seeds and cut into thin strips
- onion – one medium-sized onion cut into thin slices
- two garlic clothes – minced
- one 14 – 16 ounce loaf of French bread
- shredded reduced fat Monterey Jack cheese – 4 ounces
In a very large nonstick skillet heat the 2 teaspoons of olive oil over medium – high heat. Then add the beef strips and sprinkle them with black pepper and salt. Cook this for approximately 5 – 6 minutes or until the beef is just slightly pink in the center. Then remove from the skillet, cover it and set this on the side. Using the same pain mix together the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil, the mushroom strips, chili pepper, onion, garlic and sweet pepper and cook this for about 10 minutes or as long as it takes for the vegetables to become tender. Make sure that you stir this to keep everything heated all the way through. You want to preheat your broiler and split the bread loaf in half and scoop out the soft centers of the top and bottom of the loaf leaving about a 1/2 inch shell. Place the bread halves cut side up on a large baking sheet. Broil the bread 6 inches from the heat for about 2 minutes plus or minus 4 minutes or for as long as it takes for the bread to become toasted. Then just spread the vegetable mixture into the bottom half of the loaf. Top with the steak strips and the cheese. Remove the loaf top from the baking sheet and just broil the bottom half of the bread for about 2 minutes or for as long as it takes for the cheese to become melted. Then place the loaf top over the filling to serve and cut this to make 6 portions. Each sandwich has approximately 340 cal and 34 g of carbohydrates.
Italian Meatball Rolls
- 2 1/2 cups of thinly slice mushrooms
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 2 cloves of minced garlic cloves
- 8 ounce can of no salt added tomato sauce sauce
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried crushed rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried crushed oregano
- 8 ounces of refrigerated Italian style cooked turkey meatballs – 8 meatball sliced in half
- 4 whole-wheat hotdog buns
- 1/2 cup of shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- fresh oregano
This is a really good recipe and tastes exactly like my great grandma would make when we lived in South Philadelphia.
Start by preheating your broiler and coat an unheated large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Preheat this over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, onion and garlic to the hot skillet and cook for anywhere from 7 – 10 minutes until it becomes tender making sure that you are stirring this. Add the tomato sauce, balsamic vinegar, rosemary and dried oregano. Bring this to boiling and then reduce the heat.
Simmer this covered for approximately 2 minutes then stir in the meatballs and cook for approximately 5 minutes or more until the meatballs are heated all the way through. Open the buns so that they are lying flat in place on the baking sheet cut sides up. Broil them approximately 5 inches from the heat for about one minute or for as long as it takes for them to become lightly toasted. Spoon out the meatball mixture evenly over top of your bonds and sprinkle with cheese. Broil for approximately two minutes or as long as it takes for the cheese to melt. If you like you can even sprinkled the fresh oregano over top. This makes 4 servings each of them has approximately 340 cal and 35 g of carbohydrates.
- In a bowl mix together 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon of horseradish, 1/8 teaspoon of caraway seeds and 2 tablespoons of light mayonnaise.
Roast Beef Panini
- nonstick cooking spray
- eight slices of sourdough bread
- one recipe of the horseradish spread
- 8 ounces of sliced cooked roast beef
- 1 cup of baby arugula were any type of lettuce green
- 2 slices of cheese – approximately 1 1/2 ounces
- 1/4 cup of sliced red onion
Let’s start by coating a grill pan with cooking spray and preheat this over medium heat. Then spread the horseradish spread on one side of the bread slices. On half of the slices placed the roast beef, arugula, cheese and onion and then top with the remaining bread slices. Place the sandwiches on your pan and place a heavy skillet on top of your Panini. Cook this for approximately 2 minutes or until the bread becomes toasted. Make sure that you toast both sides of the Panini evenly. Be careful not to burn yourself. I find that it is so much easier using a Panini maker. This is a fantastic recipe makes approximately 4 servings each of them having about 330 cal and 30 g of carbohydrates.
- Sophia’s Chicken
- Low-fat plain yogurt- 1 container
- Balsamic vinegar- 3 tbs
- Thin-cut boneless, skinless chicken breast halves- 8
- (Tomato-Mozzarella Topping)
- Olive oil- 1 tbs
- Medium-sized onion- 1 (cut into 16 wedges)
- Balsamic vinegar- ¼ cup
- Water- 2 tbs
- Plum tomatoes, cored, seeded, chopped- 1 lbs
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Black pepper- ½ tsp
- Fresh mozzarella cheese (cut ½ in dice)- 1 piece (8 ounces)
- Basil leaves- 1 cup (chopped)
Start off by prepping the chicken by mixing the yogurt and vinegar together. Place chicken along with the mixture in a plastic food-storage bag. Let marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. As you let that sit you can set the grill to medium-hot or heat broiler. For the tomato-mozzarella you’re going to get a large skillet, heat oil on medium heat. Add in onions and saute for 5 minutes (or until softened), then add the vinegar as well as water. Let it simmer. Turn down the heat to a medium-low, let cook for 7 minutes or until liquid turns into sauce and onion is tender. Let’s increase the heat back to a medium-high and add tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes. Once cooked, remove skillet from heat. Let it cool and bit then mix in mozzarella and chopped basil. Now that the chicken is done marinating, either boil or grill chicken for about 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through. For the final touch place chicken on platter and top ¼ cup of topping. Enjoy!
- Butter- 3 tbs
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves- 6
- All-purpose flour- 3 tbs
- Sliced white or small mushrooms- 1 lbs
- Medium-sized onion (sliced)- 1
- Marsala wine- ½ cup
- Beef broth- 1 cup
- Salt- ¾ tsp
- Water- 3 cups
- Instant polenta- 1 cup
- Fresh lemon juice- 1 tbs
- Flat-leaf Italian parsley (chopped)- 2 tbs
- Steamed broccoli florets- 6 cups
For the delicious dish let’s start off by coating the chicken in flour and melting butter in a large skillet set on medium-high. Add chicken to skillet and let cook 4-6 minutes or until golden brown. Turn over chicken once. Taking the chicken off, turn heat to medium adding on the onions and mushrooms. Saute for 4 minutes or until brown. Mix in wine, broth, and ¼ tsp salt, let simmer for 2 minutes. Scrape any leftover browned bits from bottom of skillet. Place chicken back on skillet, boil on a high heat, then lower heat and cover to let simmer for 15 minutes with occasional basting. As you’re waiting on the chicken, put water in a medium-sized saucepan, bring to boil. Throw in remaining salt and instant polenta, stirring occasionally for 3-5 minutes. Once you remove chicken, stir lemon juice into sauce in skillet. Finally, pour sauce over chicken and drizzle with parsley. Enjoy with polenta and broccoli.
Caribbean Chicken Curry
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves- 6
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Black pepper- ¼ tsp
- Large onion (sliced)- 1
- Cloves garlic (chopped)- 2
- Curry powder- 1 tbs
- Cayenne- ¼ tbs
- Nonfat milk- 2 ⅔ cups
- 98% fat-free condensed cream of chicken soup- 2 cans
- Large tomato (chopped)- 1
- Large mango (seeded, peeled, chopped)- 1
- Dark seedless raisins- ¼ cup
- Hot cooked white rice- 3 cups
Start off by coating an 8-quart pot with cooking spray and place on medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, add to pot and cook for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken from pot and instead add in onion and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes or until softened. Mix in curry and cayenne, cook for 1 minute. In a small bowl whisk milk into soup and add to onion mixture. Finally add chicken, tomato, mango, and raisins, half covered, let simmer for 30 minutes then serve with white rice. Enjoy!
Mahogany Sesame Chicken
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves- 4 (cut into 1in cubes)
- Sesame seeds- ¼ cup (toasted and cooled)
- Vegetable oil- 5 tsp
- Sweet green pepper (cored, seeded, chopped)- ½
- Sweet red pepper (cored, seeded, chopped)- ½
- Teriyaki sauce- ⅓ cup
- Fresh ginger (finely chopped, peeled)- 2 tsp
- Clove garlic (chopped)- 1
- Fresh lemon juice- 1 tbs
- Scallions (thinly sliced)- 2
- Hot cooked rice- 2 cups
Start by coating the chicken with sesame seeds by shaking them together in a plastic food-storage bag. Heating 2 tsp oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add peppers, saute 3-5 minutes or until soften. Then remove to bowl and keep covered. Add remaining oil to skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken, let cook 4-5 minutes per side until thoroughly cooked. Then add to bowl of peppers. Changing the heat to low, add teriyaki sauce, ginger, and garlic to skillet. Cook until sauce is thickened. Place chicken and peppers back on skillet, toss around to coat with glaze. Lastly drizzle on lemon juice and scallions, then serve over rice. Enjoy!
Chicken with Spicy Rub
- Low-fat plain yogurt- 1 cup
- Fresh mint (chopped)- 1 tbs
- Salt- ¼ tsp
- Black pepper- ⅛ tsp
- Fresh lemon juice- 2 tsp
- Light-brown sugar- 1 tbs
- Paprika- 1 tbs
- Salt- ¾ tsp
- Ground cumin- ½ tsp
- Cayenne- ½ tsp
- Ground allspice- ½ tsp
(Chicken and Orzo)
- Thin-sliced boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets- 4
- Chicken broth- 1 can
- Garlic salt- ¼ tsp
- Orzo- ½ cup
- Frozen peas (thawed)- 1 cup
- Grape tomatoes (halved)- ½ cup
Let’s start by prepping the dip first by getting a small bowl and mixing yogurt, mint, salt, pepper, and lemon juice together. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Coat broiler-pan rack with cooking spray lightly, and heat. In another small bowl mix sugar, paprika, salt, cumin, cayenne, and allspice. Rub spice mixture on chicken. Next, put chicken broth along with garlic salt in a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a boil. Add orzo as you let simmer with the occasional stir for 8-10 minutes or until almost tender. Mix in peas and tomatoes, let cook for 2 minutes. Once done remove, keep covered, and let stand for 10 minutes. Last, broil chicken for 2 minutes on each side until cooked. Serve and enjoy your dish with dip and orzo mixture!
- Chicken-Asparagus Stir-Fry
- Oil- 2 tbs
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts- 3 (cut into 1 x ½ in strips)
- Asparagus- 2 bunches
- Sweet red pepper- 1 (cut into ¼ in pieces)
- Scallions- 6 (cut into 1in pieces)
- Fresh ginger (chopped, peeled)- 2 tsp
- Large cloves garlic (finely chopped)- 2
- Dark Asian sesame oil- ½ tsp
- Red-pepper flakes- ¼ tsp
- Chicken broth- 1 ½ cup
- Soy sauce- 1 tsp
- Hoisin sauce- 2 tbs
- Cornstarch- 2 tsp
- Water- 2 tsp
- Hot cooked rice- 2 cups
In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil on high. Add on the chicken, cook 1 minute. Then stir and cook chicken until almost cooked through. Place chicken on plate. Use remaining oil to skillet and mix in asparagus, sweet pepper, scallions, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, and pepper flakes, stir-fry 5 minutes. Stir in broth, soy sauce, and hoisin sauce, stir-fry 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Then add chicken back in. In small bowl mix cornstarch and water, then add to skillet. Heat for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with cooked rice and enjoy!
One-Pot Festive Chicken
- White-and-wild rice mix- 1 package
- Reduced-sodium chicken broth- 2 ⅓ cups
- Thick slice cooked ham- 1 (cut in ¼ in chunks)
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves- 6
- Scallions- 5 (thinly sliced)
- Sweet red pepper- 2 (cored, seeded, sliced)
Start by combining rice and broth in a large saucepan, cook till boils. Lower heat, cover and let simmer for 8 minutes. Mix ham into rice, then place chicken breasts over rice. Cover and let simmer for 8 minutes until chicken needs to be turned over and let cook for 7 minutes. Remove chicken to plate and keep warm as you mix scallions and red pepper into rice. Add cover and let cook for 13 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Finally serve the rice with chicken and enjoy!
Call us now more information about our medically supervised prescription weight loss program just call us at 215-821-7336 and schedule your free weight loss consultation.