Mom’s Blueberry Muffin
This is a delectable and scrumptious blueberry muffin weight loss recipe that has only 4.8 grams of carbohydrates per muffin. Being able to eat yummy food like this differentiates our Philadelphia Medical Weight Loss program from all of the other weight loss clinics and programs in Philadelphia.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
- 12 ounces cream cheese, soft
- 5 eggs
- 15 packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 Teasps vanilla
- 1 ½ cups whole almond meal
- 1 cup unprocessed wheat bran
- 1 Teasp baking powder
- 1 cup whole (fresh or frozen) blueberries
- 2 Teasps grated lemon peel
Preheat oven to 325ºF. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan (heavy-gauge metal is best). You can also use muffin liners.
Put cream cheese and two eggs in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat with a flat beater until smooth and fluffy. Add the other eggs, one at a time, beating briefly after each. On slow speed, stir in the rest of the ingredients except the blueberries and lemon peel. When mixture is well blended, stir in the blueberries and lemon peel.
Fill the muffin pans almost to the top. (The muffins will rise only slightly.) Bake muffins for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. These muffins freeze well. Thaw at room temperature.
With our children being home from College for the Holidays and with all of their friends visiting my Wife just can’t bake enough of these muffins.
When you make these for friends and family they will not believe that this recipe came from your medical weight loss center.
For more yummy weight loss tips and recipes just look around our website.
If you need help with losing weight just call us for your free consultation. Call us at 215-821-7336
Note: This is a tasty banana bread that has a rich banana flavor and is still fairly low-carb.
Serving size, one ½-inch thick slice. Carbs per serving, 4.4 grams of carb.
- 12 ounces cream cheese, soft
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 medium-size bananas)
- ¼ cup soy protein powder
- 1/3 cup stone ground whole-wheat flour
- 1 Teasp baking powder
- 16 packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 Teasps vanilla extract
- 2 Teasps grated lemon peel (optional)
- 1 cup unprocessed wheat bran
- 1 cup whole almond meal
Preheat oven to 325ºF. Lightly butter three mini loaf pans (use non-stick pans made of heavy0gauge metal). Optional: For easy cleanup and removal, cut strips of waxed paper to fit in the bottoms of the pans and allow them to hang over the edge by an inch or two.
Put cream cheese and two eggs in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat with a flat beater until smooth, thick and fluffy. Be sure to eliminate all cream cheese lumps. Add the remaining eggs, one at a time, beating briefly after each addition. Add the next seven ingredients and beat at slow speed. Add the wheat bran and nuts, blending at low speed.
Spoon the batter into the pans and bake the banana bread for about 45 to 55 minutes or until done. Cool before slicing. Keep refrigerated (keeps for about 3 to 4 days). Freeze bread that isn’t going to be used soon.
- 1 cup almond flour (fine ground)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp powdered xylitol*
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp raw unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond flour (fine ground)
- 1/4 cup powdered xylitol*
- 2 tsp Stevia
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-inch square baking dish with unbleached parchment paper.
- CRUST Combine the almond flour, powdered xylitol, and sea salt in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, stir together coconut oil, butter and vanilla extract. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until thoroughly combined. Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, until lightly golden.
- LEMON TOPPING While the crust bakes, prepare the topping. In a blender or food processor (or by hand with a whisk), combine the almond flour, powdered xylitol, stevia, eggs, and lemon juice. Blend on Medium speed until smooth. Remove the crust from the oven. Pour the topping evenly over the hot crust.
- Pop back into oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees F until the topping is golden at edges. Let cool in the baking dish for 30 minutes, then refrigerate for 2 hours to set. Sprinkle with extra powdered xylitol (optional). Cut into bars and serve.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. It’s a nice sugar free treat.
I saw this recipe on:
6 Carb Heavenly Breakfast “Soufflé”
Makes 1 Serving
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled fresh goat’s cheese, or grated cheese of your choice
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Whip the egg whites to soft peaks adding salt and pepper to taste.
In a heavy 9-inch frying pan that can go into the oven, melt the butter over high heat. Add the mushrooms, season lightly and cook until the mushrooms become soft but not brown. Arrange the tomato over the mushrooms. Quickly fold the cheese into the whites and spread out evenly over the mushroom mixture. Place in the oven and bake for 8 minutes until golden on top.
Remove from the oven and run a spatula around the sides to loosen. Flip over onto a plate and serve immediately and only 6 carbs per serving.
Low carb sticky cinnamon buns that are finger lickin good. In our Philadelphia Medical Weight Loss Program we believe in eating delicious food and enjoying life.
So here is one of our yummy low carb recipes.
Low Carb Sticky Buns
- Serving size: 12 3.3 grams each with frosting 1/2-cup butter — melted, divided
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar Twin — divided
- 1/4 cup Splenda
- 1/4 c. sugar free maple Syrup, 7 grams per 1/4 c.
- 1/2 cup soy flour
- 1/2 cup miller’s wheat bran
- 1 Tablesp baking powder
- 1 Tablesp vital wheat gluten
- 3 Teasps cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 Teasps vanilla
- 1/2 cup walnuts — chopped
Heat oven to 350* Spray 12 muffin tins with Pam. Combine 1/4 cup of melted butter with, 1/4 cup of brown S Twin and L.C. maple syrup
Spoon equally into muffin cups. Sprinkle each cup with walnuts. Combine remaining brown ST, Splenda, flour, wheat bran, baking powder, wheat gluten, and cinnamon. Combine remaining melted butter, eggs, cream which has been diluted with the water, and vanilla. Add this to flour mixture, stir just until dry ingredients are wet. Spoon this evenly over walnuts in muffin tins…. Bake in upper third of oven for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned
Remove from oven and loosen edges, invert onto cooling rack. Frosting Optional: Soften 1/2-c. cream cheese, sugar sub to taste, 1/2-tsp. vanilla, mix well.
We hope you enjoy this recipe. If you need help with you weight loss program please call us at 215-821-7336
Yes you can eat cookies and loose weight. Here is a delicious low carbohydrate recipe for peanut butter cookies.
Everyone loves cookies and I especially enjoy peanut butter cookies so here is a great recipe that is delicious and is conducive to your weight loss.
I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as I do.
Peanut Butter Cookies Low-Carb Recipe
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of Splenda
- 2 tablespoons +1 teaspoon of Truvia
- 1 tablespoon of blackstrap or dark molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of soy powder
- 2 tablespoons of oat bran
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Use an electric mixer to beat the butter until creamy. Add the Splenda, Truvia and molasses and beat again until well combined. Beat in the egg, peanut butter, salt, baking soda and vanilla. Beat in the soy powder and oat bran. Butter or spray the cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Roll the dough into small balls and place them on the sheets. Press the balls of dough flat you can use a fork to do this. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes. This should give you approximately the 48 – 53 cookies. Recipe is from Dana Carpender 1001 Low Carb recipes
In our medical weight loss program we try to make losing weight easy, enjoyable and delicious. So if you are looking to lose weight with a medical weight loss proam in Philadelphia PA or Bucks County PA call us a schedule a free consultation.
Have a great day!
- 1 sm. pkg SF Jello, any flavor
- 1 c boiling water
12 oz soft cream cheese
1 cup ricotta cheese
12 pkgs Splenda
1/2 cup heavy creamDissolve gelatin in boiling water and stir well. Blend cream cheese & ricotta in separate bowl with electric mixer. Whip in the Equal. Add gelatin mixture and blend until smooth. Whip the cream to heavy peak stage. Fold in jello mixture. Pour into paper-lined muffin cups and refrigerate until set. Total: 29 carb. Makes 10 @ 3 carbs
I hope you enjoy this recipe. It is really easy to make and tastes so good.
Yes yo can cheat your way to being skinny. I don’t know about you but I cannot always eat perfectly. Yes, I do give into temptation. And when most people are told that they cannot eat something that makes them crave it even more.
So on our medical weight loss program our philosophy is a little bit of everything is okay.
So with that being said you can have your starchy carbohydrates and fruit along with your proteins and vegetables and good healthy fats.
But we do have to remember to follow eat certain portion sizes. But sometimes you just have to let go. You can see in the picture posted in this article the dinner I had this past Friday night. We ordered take-out pizza and Italian antipasto.
Now most medical weight loss programs would totally forbid you from having pizza but I believe in keeping our weight loss program real.
So what I did is; I enjoyed my pizza along with an Antipasto that had tons of delicious leafy green vegetables in it along with some sharp provolone cheese and Italian meats.
I just piled all of this salad and cheese and Italian meat on my pizza and I folded it together and totally enjoyed. What I tell most of our patients is that if you are going to have a cheat meal like this, just make sure that you are going to eat something conducive to weight loss as well.
And there is nothing more conducive to weight loss then leafy green vegetables and cruciferous vegetables. Even though this delicious slice of pizza might not be considered weight loss or diet food when I added all of the leafy green vegetables to it, it’s not totally bad for you.
From now on when you are eating something that is not so good for weight loss just make sure to get counterbalance it with something that is good for weight loss like vegetables.
Not only are vegetables packed with nutrition they also act as an internal broom for your body. They will sweep out and flush your body all of the bad stuff you ate that day.
So make sure to eat your veggies especially your leafy green vegetables and your cruciferous vegetables because they are the most optimal foods that you can eat for losing weight.
Take away points from this article:
- Your weight loss program has to be realistic.
- It’s okay not to be perfect every moment of every day.
- You should enjoy one cheat meal a week.
- If you enjoy more than one sheet meal make sure to eat something that promotes weight loss like leafy green vegetables.
- Don’t beat yourself up if your one cheat meal turns into a cheat day. You always have tomorrow.
If you need help with your weight loss program please call us at 215-821-7336.
Thank you for reading this article, have a fantastic day.
If you have children it’s especially good for children who are following a gluten free diet.
Here are the Ingredients:
- 5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 5 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cup vegetable oil
- 5 cup agave nectar or fruit sweetener
- 5 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 6 cup canned organic pumpkin
- 5 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup currants or raisins or chopped dates
Preheat the oven to 350°F
In a medium-size bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix well. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the oil and agave nectar, and beat until well blended. Add the applesauce and eggs, alternating between the two ingredients. When they are well blended, add the pumpkin. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix on low speed until they are blended, but do not over-beat. Add the nuts and currants, and pour into a greased and floured bread pan.
Bake at 350°F for about 1 hour.
To check the bread for doneness, insert a toothpick in the center—if it comes out clean, the bread is done. Cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and let it cool a bit more.
On our medical weight loss program you can eat tasty food and still lose weight. But more importantly these recipes are healthy dishes that will improve your health and make you more slender.
By the way; my wife has made this pumpkin bread for the past few Thanksgiving Dinners and everyone loves it. Shhh but our children do not know that it’s gluten and sugar free so let’s keep this a secret. LOL
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does.
Have a great day!
Fat Burning Lemonade
This is a great recipe for Lemonade that tastes great and will burn fat off of your body and boost your metabolism. So if you are tired of diet drinks that leave a bad after-taste in your mouth this is a drink you should definitely try.
It’s easy to make and if you refrigerate the lemonade it will last for a while.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
1 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice: (4 -6 lemons)
4-6 cups of clean water (to taste)
1 tsp of ground turmeric
1 tsp of cinnamon
Pinch of pink salt (Redmond’s or Himalayan Salt)
1⁄2 tsp of liquid stevia (or to taste)
Optional: 1 tsp ground/fresh ginger
Put all of the above ingredients in a blender and turn on medium mode until everything has dissolved and mixed.